I am a Partner at Walsh King LLP where I provide assurance, and business advisory services to privately owned enterprises.
I have held senior financial positions in the technology and film industries, including running a payroll company integral to the movie industry. That experience taught me that business structure and process are critical to business success.
By developing close personal relationships with owners, I am able to understand the broad personal implications of various business and financial decisions. I enjoy the trust my clients demonstrate when they share their personal as well as their business objectives.
After joining Walsh King LLP in 2003, I developed my assurance expertise working with private entities from national retail and wholesale chains, to transportation and manufacturing companies. The combination of experience on the operations side and as an accountant means that I am adept at identifying the broader business and operational implications of accounting and financial decisions for my clients.
I understand the detailed mechanics of how successful private enterprises operate, but I’m also a holistic, big picture thinker. I make it a point to review the history that underpins a business and I pay close attention to the goals of the organization, current operational issues, the challenges facing the business in the coming year, and what’s on the horizon in the context of industry trends. Understanding how this information interconnects and what impact it has on business operations allows me to provide critical insight to clients on how best to prepare a business to grow and thrive in an evolving economy.
I am also actively involved in supporting the firm’s membership in GGI Geneva Group International. As a GGI member, our firm is available to provide specialist solutions for international businesses seeking advice and guidance on doing business in British Columbia.
Outside the Office:
Mother of twins, global traveler, and serious art collector. I spent six very enjoyable years on the Contemporary Art Gallery Board of Directors and I am very proud to have been part of the Cause We Care Foundation since it was founded in 2007. The Foundation’s mandate is to assist single mothers and children living in poverty in Vancouver.
Tia Walsh featured in CPA Magazine.
Tia Walsh feature in Business in Vancouver.
Check out Tia’s profile.
Articles written by Tia:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (Chartered Accountant – 2006, Certified General Accountant)
- MA, Accounting, University of Saskatchewan, 2005
- Diploma, Financial Management, Professional Accounting, BCIT 2001
- You can’t be an expert at everything. That’s why it’s important to keep a team of people around you that can advise you and who can either corroborate that your plans will meet your goals or provide alternative options that may be more beneficial in the long term.
- Especially for entrepreneurs starting out, focus on your core competencies first and get expert help to put the right people and organizational structures in place to establish your process. This will allow you to expand your business from a position of strength and experience.
- Once your business gets to a certain size it becomes essential to establish appropriate systems to ensure you are in position to ensure your production capacity can meet and capitalize on market demand…you can go bankrupt being successful if you don’t have the right systems in place.
- Film, Television and Entertainment
- High-Net-Worth Families
- Investment Dealers
- Logistics and Transportation
- Manufacturing, Wholesale and Distribution
What You Need to Know About Canadian and B.C. Film Tax Credits
Sep 12 2019
THE FILM PRODUCTION LIFE CYCLE
Aug 26 2019
B.C. Speculation Tax
Nov 20 2018
Tia Walsh Featured in CPA Magazine
Dec 8 2016
Tia Walsh in Business in Vancouver
Sep 26 2016