I have enjoyed a fulfilling career with Walsh King LLP for over 16 years. My responsibilities include planning, directing and execution of audit and assurance engagements for clients in industries including transportation, distribution, education, construction and real estate development among others. I am passionate about what I do, and I find working collaboratively with entrepreneurs to be a richly rewarding experience.
The right information at the right time is critical to making successful business decisions. I take a practical approach to ensure that my clients have the necessary internal financial infrastructure in place so that they always have relevant, correct information delivered in a timely manner. Reliable and responsive, my clients know they can count on me to deal with assurance and accounting problems and challenges in a practical way.
I am a panel auditor for the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC), with responsibilities including auditing investment dealers and their regulatory filings.
Outside the Office
Husband, new dad, dog owner, and avid reader. As a huge music fan and amateur musician, my wife and I travel to see live music as much as possible including six trips to New Orleans.
Please check out Jeff’s profile.
Articles that Jeff has written:
- Changes in Auditor Reporting Standards – What You Need to Know
- British Columbia Employer Health Tax
- IMBY Helps Average People Break into the Real Estate Market
- Special Client Projects: We’re Here to Help
- Why Board and Executive Team Meetings Should Be a Part of Your Game Plan
- How Internal Control Protects Your Business
- Changes in Canadian Standards for Review Engagements (“CSRE”)
- IIROC Annual Compliance Conference
- Chartered Professional Accountant (Chartered Accountant – 2002)
- Certified Public Accountant (Illinois)
- Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada (IIROC): Panel Auditor
- BCom, University of Victoria
- Developing the right internal financial infrastructure is key. Without the ability to get accurate and timely internal financial information, it is tough to make the right decisions at the right time.
- The different aspects of your business do not operate in a vacuum – financial and operational considerations are linked. Effective advice is based on an understanding of all the variables and considers their interplay in evaluating available options.
- Investment Dealers
- Logistics and Transportation
- Manufacturing, Wholesale, and Distribution
- Real Estate Development, Syndication and Construction