Metro Vancouver is the third-largest film and television centre in North America—and producers here enjoy generous tax credits. As a trusted adviser to the industry, Walsh King can help you take advantage of these federal and provincial incentives, a vital source of financing.
Before embarking on a production, it’s important to seek professional tax advice. Partner Tia Walsh, a film industry veteran, understands the business challenges that producers and studios face. With her guidance, you can estimate what tax credits your company will receive.
From pre-production to post-release, Walsh King is well versed in the business and financial aspects of film and TV. We regularly assist clients with preparing and filing for these tax credits:
- Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit (CPTC)
- Film Incentive BC tax credit (FIBC)
- Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit (PSTC)
- Production Services Tax Credit (PSTC)
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) program
At the same time, Walsh King works with film and TV producers to establish a legal structure that will maximize tax incentives and avoid problems with the Canada Revenue Agency.
We also advise clients on:
- Cross-border tax issues
- Tax considerations for actors, directors, producers, etc.
For film and TV productions that apply for tax credits, regular audits by the Canada Revenue Agency are a fact of life. As part of our support services for the production, we can assist the production accountants in complying with the Canada Revenue Agency requirements.
In this creative and competitive sector, structure and process are crucial to business success. To learn more about how Walsh King can help your productions, please contact Tia Walsh.
- Film, Television, and Entertainment
- High Net Worth Families
- Investment Dealers
- Logistics and Transportation
- Manufacturing, Wholesale, and Distribution
- Real Estate Development, Syndication and Construction
Notice: Use of undefined constant Primary - assumed 'Primary' in /var/www/wp-content/themes/walshking/page-industry.php on line 186
Notice: Use of undefined constant Team - assumed 'Team' in /var/www/wp-content/themes/walshking/page-industry.php on line 246