TAX MANAGER | CANADIAN TAX
An exciting opportunity exists to join our growing tax practice. While we are conveniently located in downtown Vancouver, we will consider remote work arrangements for excellent candidates living elsewhere.
Walsh King’s tax team enjoys an excellent reputation for understanding complex technical issues relevant to domestic and cross-border corporate structures for a variety of businesses.
Additionally, as advisers to ultra-high net worth families we assist in developing sophisticated estate and trust arrangements.
This position will appeal to a CPA who enjoys the intellectual challenge of technical analysis and the opportunity to work closely with our high-performing team and our entrepreneurial clients.
The ideal candidate has a proven ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment assisting in complex tax planning, reviewing tax returns, preparing technical memos, supervising others, and meeting with clients, lawyers, and other advisers.
Eligible candidates have completed the CICA in-depth tax course and have three years of tax experience after qualifying as a CPA. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Provide tax compliance and planning services to a variety of clients including corporations, partnerships, and trusts;
- Advise on planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies and compliance issues;
- Research and analyze a wide variety of tax issues;
- Prepare, review and advise on complex corporate, personal and trust tax returns;
- Assist in training and development of junior staff members of the tax group;
- Assist with client management and foster excellent relationships with clients and initiate business development opportunities.
- Qualified CPA with a minimum of 3 years of Canadian tax experience in a CPA accounting firm;
- Completion of the In-depth Tax course or in final stages (highly preferred);
- Strong technical and research skills with the ability to adapt tax strategies to unique circumstances;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
- Superior organizational and analytical skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on client service;
- Continually focus on developing leadership skills.
WHY WORK AT WALSH KING?
You will enjoy an exceptional opportunity for career advancement in a collegial work environment. In addition to a wide variety of tax assignments, you will benefit from participating in frequent educational events including internal and external seminars, attending conferences and webinars, ongoing mentorship, regular firm sponsored social events, and more.
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package that encourages work life balance by providing a fitness allowance and accommodating flexible work schedules including 9-day fortnights from May to December.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
If you meet the criteria, please apply with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing how your previous experience and responsibilities would make you an applicable candidate for this opportunity.