SENIOR TAX MANAGER | CANADIAN TAX
We are seeking Canadian tax professionals with Canadian tax experience as a manager or senior manager, focused in the areas of Canadian corporate income tax and tax planning for CCPCs and their owners.
At Walsh King LLP you will be part of a team of seasoned tax professionals who are dedicated to helping our clients minimize their tax burden as well as fulfill compliance responsibilities and avoid penalties.
As a valued member of our firm, you will be exposed to the opportunities, resources, and support your need to develop and grow your career as a tax professional.
As a senior manager, you will assist on tax advisory engagements and projects including corporate reorganizations, succession and estate planning, estates and trusts, business acquisitions and dispositions, and complex tax compliance. Other duties include:
- Preparing and overseeing the preparation of complex tax returns, tax elections and other tax reporting forms for our corporate, trust & partnership clients,
- Assisting with the research, analysis and reporting of various corporate reorganizations, estates plans, business acquisition and disposition transactions, and compensation planning,
- Training, overseeing and reviewing the work of more junior team members, and
- Overseeing various tax engagements and ensuring the workflow, deadlines, budgets and expectations of our clients are met.
- Completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Program,
- CPA designation with 6+ years of Canadian tax experience in a CPA accounting firm,
- Tax planning experience for CCPCs,
- Strong technical and research skills,
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on client service,
- Superior organizational and analytical skills, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
WHY WORK AT WALSH KING?
You will enjoy an exceptional opportunity for career advancement in a collegial work environment. In addition to a wide variety of tax assignments, you will benefit from participating in frequent educational events including internal and external seminars, attending conferences and webinars, ongoing mentorship, regular firm sponsored social events, and more.
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package that encourages work life balance by providing a fitness allowance and accommodating flexible work schedules including 9-day fortnights from May to December.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
If you meet the criteria, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter detailing how your previous experience and responsibilities would make you an applicable candidate for this opportunity.