Based on advice from the government and health agencies and in an effort to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are encouraging all our people to work remotely. Many of our staff have chosen to do so effective today or in the coming days.
While prioritizing the health and welfare of our team, Walsh King has implemented a business continuity plan that will ensure the safety of our staff and clients.
We pride ourselves on helping our clients with all their business challenges. Our partners are available to discuss with you any of the issues you are facing. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at any time. We are here to help.
Busy Season Continues
We continue to work to meet financial and tax obligations.
Our technology allows us to work remotely. The quality of our services and client confidentiality remain our key priorities while we take precautions to protect the well-being of our team and our community. Our response time may be delayed, but our clients should see no interruption in the quality of service they deserve and expect.
The following policies are in effect until further notice to support the recommended “social distancing”:
- All meetings should be by phone or video conferencing.
- Information being provided to us should be delivered in electronic format. This can be done by either scanning and emailing information or uploading it to our secure Client Portal. If you need assistance with our Client Portal, please contact Amber Walsh at email@example.com. If you need to deliver paper copies, please contact a member of our team.
- We will only be providing documents in electronic format, such as financial statements and tax returns, to be followed up later with hard copies if requested.
Extension of Tax Filing Deadlines
Effective March 18, 2020, the Government of Canada has announced the following measures:
- Trust tax return filing deadline has been extended to May 1, 2020.
- Personal tax return filing deadline has been extended to June 1, 2020.
- Any tax payment due on or after March 18, 2020 and before September 2020 will be extended to August 31, 2020. No interest or penalties will be charged on those amounts. This includes any required tax instalments.
- The CRA will accept electronic signatures for any e-file authorization forms on a temporary administrative basis.
These measures are a welcome relief to the challenges facing Canadian taxpayers and professional accountants who assist those taxpayers.
Our firm will continue to operate in the ordinary course and ensure our clients tax filings are completed before the relevant deadlines. Despite the extension, our goal is to file your returns as close to the regular deadlines as possible.
How Clients Can Help
Expedite the delivery of your outstanding tax information. Please expedite the electronic delivery of your documents.
Send all information electronically as discussed above. If you choose to send your documents by email, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remote meetings. If you’d like to meet with an accountant to discuss your affairs, call or email to arrange a phone or video meeting.
Invoice payments. To facilitate payment processing, please do so via online banking. If online banking is not possible, please mail your cheques directly to the firm. As always, prompt payment of our invoices is appreciated.
Posted in COVID-19
- Client News
- Estate Planning
- Film & Television
- Industry News
- Seminars + Presentations
- Strategic Insights
- Success Stories
- Tax Legislation
- Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2017 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2018 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2019 Tax Year
- Walsh King
- Walsh King Company Culture
- Walsh King News
- COVID-19: Extension to Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (75% Wage Subsidy)
- COVID-19: Support for Businesses II
- COVID-19: Support for Businesses
- COVID-19: Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (75% Wage Subsidy)
- COVID-19: Wage Subsidy Program Enacted
- COVID-19: BC and Federal Government Assistance Measures