Payment and Online Mail
April 27th, 2018

Taxpayers will be able to pay their 2017 income taxes at Canada Post outlets.

Canada Post will only accept payment in the form of cash or debit card. Canada Post will assess a service fee and will require separate payments for amounts over $3,000.

As a reminder, the Government of Canada will increase the use of direct deposit by phasing out federal government cheques.

If you are currently receiving tax refunds or other credits by federal government cheque, you will be required to sign up for direct deposit in order to receive that refund.

Registered users of CRA My Account can register for online mail. Once registered, the CRA will no longer mail your notices to you. Instead, you will receive an email notification that there is mail for you to view on the secure My Account site.

Online tax records are as official as paper records.

There are three ways you can register to receive online mail from the CRA:

  • Enter your email address on your T1 Income Tax and Benefit return;
  • Log in to My Account and select “Manage online mail”; or
  • Contact CRA Individual Income Tax and Trust Enquiries by telephone.

Please note that CRA will not send correspondence by email. An email will notify you that you have a document available on CRA My Account’s secure webpage. Always navigate to the CRA website using your web browser and do not follow links included in any emails. This will minimize the risk of becoming susceptible to online fraudsters.

Please visit the CRA website for additional information on how to register for CRA My Account.

Posted in Tax Tips for 2017 Tax Year

Share This