For registered users of CRA My Account, you can now register for online mail. Once registered, the CRA will no longer mail your notices to you, instead, you will receive an email notification that there is mail for you to view on the secure My Account site.
Online tax records are as official as paper records.
There are three ways you can register to receive online mail from the CRA:
- Enter your email address on your T1 Income Tax and Benefit return,
- Log in to My Account and select “Manage online mail”, or
- Contact CRA Individual Income Tax and Trust Enquiries by telephone.
Please note that CRA will not send correspondence by email. An email will notify you that you have a document available on CRA My Account’s secure web page. Always navigate to the CRA website using your web browser and do not follow links included in any emails. This will minimize the risk of becoming susceptible to online fraudsters.
Please visit the CRA website for additional information on how to register for CRA My Account.
Posted in Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Client News
- Estate Planning
- Industry News
- Seminars + Presentations
- Strategic Insights
- Success Stories
- Tax Legislation
- Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2017 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2018 Tax Year
- Walsh King
- Walsh King Company Culture
- Walsh King News