The first time donor’s super credit allows for an additional 25% donation tax credit, on top of the traditional federal rates.
The maximum donation that qualifies for the super credit is $1,000. Donations of more than $1,000 will be eligible for the super credit on the first $1,000, and the standard federal credits on subsequent amounts.
To be considered a first time donor, you must not have claimed the charitable donations tax credit for any year after 2007.
Posted in Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Client News
- Estate Planning
- Film & Television
- Industry News
- Seminars + Presentations
- Strategic Insights
- Success Stories
- Tax Legislation
- Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2017 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2018 Tax Year
- Tax Tips for 2019 Tax Year
- Walsh King
- Walsh King Company Culture
- Walsh King News
- The Benefits of Working at a Midsize Firm
- Waiting for CFE Results? Here’s How to Manage Your Stress
- A Steady Hand: Let Walsh King Be Your Temporary Controller
- The Value of a Business Valuation
- Selling a Business Is an Important Decision – Do You Know the Tax Implications?
- What You Need to Know About Canadian and B.C. Film Tax Credits