INTERMEDIATE CPA ARTICLING STUDENT | AUDIT
Walsh King is the perfect place to launch your career – and to grow and develop as a leader. We transform university grads into accomplished CPAs who excel in a variety of roles. As a member of our team, you’ll learn on the job from some of the best people in the business.
Our articling students are exposed to a broad range of skill development opportunities and responsibilities. During your articling term you will:
- Gain in-depth experience in audit and review engagements
- Become proficient in preparing financial statements and a variety of tax returns
- Be exposed to the analysis and implementation of complex tax strategies, trust and estate planning, and other transactions
- Learn to develop strong collaborative relationships with clients
- Work closely with coaches and mentors, dedicated to your academic success as well as your growth and development as a confident professional
- Currently enrolled in the CPA program
- A minimum of one year of experience in public practice or industry
- Experience using CaseWare/CaseView and TaxPrep
- Strong working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in teams and individually
WHY WORK AT WALSH KING?
The firm is committed to creating conditions and opportunities that will enable its people to thrive both professionally and personally. In addition to working with kind and supportive individuals, you will enjoy competitive group benefits, flex days, a fitness allowance and ongoing professional development.
We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package that encourages work life balance by providing a fitness allowance and accommodating flexible work schedules including 9-day fortnights from May to December.
HOW TO APPLY
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
If you meet the criteria, please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter detailing how your previous experience and responsibilities would make you an applicable candidate for this opportunity.