The first time donor’s super credit allows for an additional 25% donation tax credit, on top of the traditional federal rates.
The maximum donation that qualifies for the super credit is $1,000. Donations of more than $1,000 will be eligible for the super credit on the first $1,000, and the standard federal credits on subsequent amounts.
To be considered a first time donor, you must not have claimed the charitable donations tax credit for any year after 2007.
Posted in Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Client News
- Estate Planning
- Seminars + Presentations
- Strategic Insights
- Success Stories
- Tax Legislation
- Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Walsh King News
- What We Like—and Don’t Like—About Ottawa’s Latest Tax Moves
- Proposed Federal Tax Changes Discourage Entrepreneurship
- IIROC Annual Compliance Conference
- BC Tax Conference 2017
- GGI North American Best Practices & Developing Leaders Conference
- Hitting the green in support of education: Walsh King LLP gives back