Expenses that are paid to earn employment income may be deductible. This is allowable only if your employment contract requires that you pay the expense, and if your employer does not provide an allowance for the expenses.
A Declaration of Conditions of Employment (Form T2200) is required to be completed by your employer in order to claim employment expenses.
Click for an overview of employment expenses with links to record keeping requirements.
Posted in Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Client News
- Estate Planning
- Seminars + Presentations
- Strategic Insights
- Success Stories
- Tax Legislation
- Tax Tips for 2016 Tax Year
- Walsh King News
- What We Like—and Don’t Like—About Ottawa’s Latest Tax Moves
- Proposed Federal Tax Changes Discourage Entrepreneurship
- IIROC Annual Compliance Conference
- BC Tax Conference 2017
- GGI North American Best Practices & Developing Leaders Conference
- Hitting the green in support of education: Walsh King LLP gives back